For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's?, Folgers?, Jif?, Dunkin' Donuts?, Crisco?, Caf? Bustelo?, R.W. Knudsen Family?, Sahale Snacks?, Smucker's? Uncrustables?, Robin Hood?, and Bick's?. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray? Nutrish?, Meow Mix?, Milk-Bone?, Kibbles 'n Bits?, Natural Balance?, and Nature's Recipe?. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Manager, Brand Commercialization- Smucker Natural Foods
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Akron/Cleveland)
Director of Marketing, Smucker Natural Foods & Sahale Snacks
ABOUT SMUCKER NATURAL FOODS
The Smucker Natural Foods (SNF) team is passionate about offering the best natural and organic foods while doing our part to better the world around us. In doing so, we help bring more families together for memorable meals and moments. Through this position, you will be living our mission by building brands and bringing ideas to life which deliver on the natural & organic consumer's evolving needs & wants. Our approach is to create an environment within Smucker Natural Foods which blends the best of a creative, entrepreneurial and nimble start-up, with the scale and resources of the $8 billion Smucker organization. In this role, working closely with the other marketing and cross-functional team members will be critical to your success. You will have the opportunity to significantly impact the short and long-term strategies for Smucker Natural Foods. Overall, this person will be tasked with delivering sustained growth through both our core business and new products in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
The Manager, Brand Commercialization- Smucker Natural Foods is responsible for developing sales strategies, communicating key brand initiatives, and driving excellent in-market execution across the multi-brand portfolio. In this role, the Manager will lead the translation of national brand strategies, marketing plans and category/shopper insights into channel and customer specific objectives to achieve volume and share targets. This role is a key leader in the overall team and Consumer Business Unit, serving as the customer/channel advocate responsible for bringing this vital perspective into brand strategies. This manager role is a strategic partner to cross-functional teams, drives thought leadership on category, customer, and brand initiatives and will work closely with sales, marketing, finance, and demand and supply planning.
* SET STRATEGIES & HELP EXECUTE WITH RETAILER TEAMS: Leads translation of national brand strategies, marketing plans, and consumer/category insights into sales strategies for retail channels.
* Develop trade promotion strategies, trade merchandising plans, and major trade initiatives for brands
* Creation of channel specific sales fundamental objectives to achieve priorities; set for distribution, pricing, shelving, merchandising, and new item launches.
* Analyze and understand the efficiency and effectiveness of specific trade promotions/other sales activities and make recommendations, where needed.
* INCORPORATE RETAIL INSIGHTS: Influence the development of Long Range and Annual Operating Plans (sales goals, trade, situation assessments) from a Category, Customer, Channel, & Competitive lens
* Communicate key Category, Customer, Competitive insights into volume forecast and brand planning
* COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY & WITH SENSE OF URGENCY: Lead the development of national sales presentations and tools that are rich in category and shopper insights to help Field Sales execute the initiatives in the marketplace with excellence
* Provide support for product recalls, label changes, innovation launches, and SKU rationalizations, as needed.
* Lead creation of materials for National Sales Meetings and Sales webcasts.
* Help provide regular updates to Field Sales of marketing plans and initiatives.
* BA/BS degree required
* 3-5 years of CPG, Center Store, or Food manufacturing company experience
* Prefer experience with customer-facing, omni-channel marketing or trade fund budget management
* Identify, research, and analyze problems and recommend optimal solutions.
* Lead projects and initiatives while influencing cross-functional partners.
* Work well with others; high levels of self-awareness, empathy; be able to reach consensus.
* Effective written and verbal communication across all levels of the organization
* Recognize and develop sustainable solutions while considering long-term and short-term impact of actions when making choices.
* Sets a high standard of performance while pursuing goals with a high sense of urgency.
* Listens and understands the perspective of others while asserting and gaining support of own ideas.
* Be comfortable and thrive under ambiguous and complex situations; adapts behaviors and thinking when responding to changing demands or unexpected situations.
* Demonstrate flexibility to make course-correction and redirects efforts and resources to ensure successful execution; naturally curious and strives to be a continuous learner
* Strong analytical skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint): Experience pulling, analyzing and drawing insights and recommendations from consumption data (Nielsen).
* Travel required up to 15%.
Associated topics: day manager, director, general manager, gm, operations, restaurant general manager, restaurant manager, shift leader, shift manager, supervisor