Euclid Chemical is looking for a master multi-tasker with an eye for detail and strong communication skills to join the team as an Administrative Assistant.
The Euclid Chemical Company is renowned for product innovation, quality technical support and excellent customer service. The Administrative Assistant will be based at the Cleveland office, reporting directly to the Manager of Administration.
As Administrative Assistant, you'll be expected to support daily office needs and general administrative activities- this includes: handling administrative requests from Senior Managers, management of office supplies and the organization of Euclid events and campaigns- as required.
This position will initially be a temporary positon, with the potential for the right candidate to convert to regular full-time status. If you are interested in this position, please attach your resume and a brief cover note.
As an Administrative Assistant your day-to-day tasks will vary, but typically these will include:
* 'Back-up' to Switchboard- answer and direct phone calls, provide general support to visitors.
* 'Back-up' to Customer Service during busy periods or when others are on vacation.
* Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports- e.g. sales reporting and pricing analysis.
* Support scanning of Customer Service paperwork and maintenance of filing systems.
* Support Sales Representatives with office administration requirements.
* Coordinate Corporate Events, Campaigns and Fundraisers- collaborating with other departments where required; such as Sports Tickets Raffles, United Way, Harvest for Hunger, School Supplies, Christmas Party, and the Year End Barbeque.
* Manage Office Inventory, Orders and Bills- for Cleveland, OH with visibility on orders for other plant locations.
* Support review and approvals on Readsoft for phone/internet services for outside plants/sales reps.
* Coordinate Information management services with Iron Mountain- handle paperwork and schedule pickups.
* Handle adhoc requests and queries from Senior Managers
* Write and distribute e-mails, memos, letters, faxes and forms- as requested.
* Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
* High School Diploma; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant will be a plus
* Prior administrative experience.
* Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
* Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
* Attention to Detail- achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through demonstrating concern for all the areas involved.
* Communication Skills- provides regular, consistent, and meaningful information- adapting as required to various recipients. Listens carefully to others and ensures message is understood. Ensures important matters are shared with all appropriate parties and communicates in a clear and concise manner; using appropriate grammar, pronunciation and tone to enhance understanding.
* Initiative- Responds appropriately on own to improve outcomes, processes or measurements. Assumes responsibility and leadership when asked. Accomplishes goals independently, with little need for supervision. Takes ownership and accountability for own performance. Seeks out and/or accepts additional responsibilities in the context of the job.
* Planning- plans, prioritizes and organizes the work or resources of self and others on a daily, weekly or monthly basis; plans and manages small projects, ensuring the effective use of resources; receives information from and provides information to others to complete their planning; monitors progress against the plan.
* Customer Service- deals with internal or external contacts, working within procedures or policies; understands and explores customers' needs; adapts the service accordingly to ensure the usefulness or appropriateness and quality of service (i.e. content, time, accuracy, level of information, cost).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.