Market and Liquidity Risk Officer, Comenity Bank
QualificationsAlliance Data card services business
Location: Columbus, OH, -OR- Salt Lake City, UT
Alliance Data: (NYSE:ADS)
The Market and Liquidity Risk Officer will be responsible all aspects of Market and Liquidity Risk Management for Comenity Bank, Wilmington DE, and Comenity Capital Bank, Salt Lake City, UT.
Liquidity and Market Risk are critical pillars within the Banks overall Risk Management structure. The Risk Officer will be responsible for independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of liquidity and market risk exposures arising from business activities, acting independently of the Treasury function and providing an effective challenge process. Oversight of liquidity stress testing activities and market sensitivity analysis are also important aspects of the role. An understanding of regulatory requirements and previous experience interacting with Bank regulators is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide market and liquidity risk oversight for Comenity Bank and Comenity Capital Bank.
- Ensure effective review and challenge on a top down and bottoms-up basis.
- Analyze and assess liquidity scenarios vs. risk appetite.
- Identify, assess and monitor market and liquidity risks related to the funding activities of the banks, including securitizations and deposit funding products.
- Understand business drivers of liquidity risk, and review and test sensitivity and scenario analysis to understand the liquidity impact of various business and economic scenarios.
- Ensure strong market and liquidity risk governance frameworks across the Banks, including appropriate policies and procedures, and assess compliance with liquidity policy and committee charter roles.
- Review liquidity stress testing, and assess the Banks funding capacity under various market and idiosyncratic scenarios.
- Review market rate shock analyses, and evaluate hedging opportunities Evaluate the adequacy of the Banks contingency funding plans and make recommendations to management.
- Prepare executive level reporting that is precise, accurate, and tailored to the Bank Boards and Regulators.
- Meet with Bank regulators and provide clear, concise presentations.
- Work closely with the Banks Treasury team and other risk management colleagues on all aspects of these responsibilities, fostering a consultative, but independent view of funding and liquidity.
- Bachelor s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Statistics, Accounting or Economics required.
- Master s degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- 5-7 years experience:
- Working in market and liquidity functions in a financial services company.
- In asset liability management and with contingency funding plans.
- Developing and/or analyzing liquidity stress tests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Bank funding products including Securitizations.
- Strong background creating executive / Board level presentations. Ability to present complex subject matter in a clear and concise way to executive management, Bank boards, and regulators.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning, problem resolution, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work across different management teams in a highly matrixed structure.
- Ability to understand complex regulatory and business issues.
- Understanding of methodologies for researching, analyzing and mitigating risks
- Ability to function in deadline intensive environment, managing multiple responsibilities while effectively focusing on priority issues.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organization, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Preferred Supervisory Experience
3 to 5 years
Alliance Data s card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty. We uphold our Know more. Sell more. promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers
Associated topics: broker, broker dealer, buy, fiduciary, financial, investor, risk, sell, s p, trader