Chemical operators are responsible for safely and efficiently operating processes, batch processes, and material handling that includes loading/ unloading of trucks and railcars and packaging of drums and totes.
* Performing routine operation of basic control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates and transfer of products.
* Lift hoses, bolt flanges and operate valves and similar equipment including the proper clearing and isolation of equipment.
* Report any safety issues immediately to supervisor and if necessary, take appropriate action needed, including system shutdown, if unsafe work practice is witnessed to prevent injury or environmental release.
* Control, monitor and make necessary adjustments on control systems and manually operated equipment.
* Troubleshoot process, product quality, safety, and environmental problems and identify equipment requiring maintenance.
* Ensure safe and efficient performance of production and project work following standard operating procedures and work instructions.
* Act as a resource for other Operators and/or Maintenance Mechanics on job tasks and prioritization of work activities.
* Ensure quality control by performing testing on products and sampling when required.
* Take ownership for the accurate completion of all assigned tasks.
* Accountable for completing all in process reports and documents associated with job tasks responsibilities accurately and completely during shift operations.
* Operators must review with the next shift operator the status of all in-process operations. Information must be accurately and clearly communicated to ensure continued operation of the plant and to produce quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
* Operators are responsible to see that the security of the plant is maintained throughout their shift.
* Complete all duties as assigned with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Responsible Care Management System including the establishment of policies and procedures, assigning responsibilities and tracking progress.
3rd Shift: 5p-5a with a 2,2,3 rotating schedule
MUST be able to train on 1st shift for up to a month About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-###-#### or email ...@aerotek.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, chemistry, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane